Sunday 27 May 2012

May 1st, 2012


It’s been a very long time since my last post and much has changed. I finished both my accounting course and my microeconomics course, started the Drop10diet program, restarted my Body by Vi 90 day challenge, lost a nice chuck of weight and saw the scale dip to 190 pounds (and found some of it again), Thomas had his appendix removed, and I think that’s most of the crazy excitement.

I received a B- in my Accounting course which I am very pleased with. I am dreading my Economics mark though; I don’t think I could have passed that course. Distance Education just isn’t for me; I need a classroom and a teacher. This course didn’t give me any support and booking exams was brutal.

I am having the worst time getting back into the groove of working out and eating healthy. I hopped off the wagon 2 weeks ago and I’ve tried to get back on but I keep slipping. Yesterday morning I started out with loads of pep, I had a shake, egg wrap for lunch and a tuna wrap for supper. Then ended up watching a movie and ate Ben & Jerry’s Brownie ice cream and a jumbo box of NERDS. I didn’t really want them in the beginning but I thought, if I just don’t turn on my computer tonight, I won’t have to log them and I did just that. I hid from my problem..
Each month I say out loud/blog that “this will be the month” and I end up gaining most of the weight I lose that month. It’s depressing each time I have to start over but, at least I’m not giving up, right? It will be almost a year now since I started trying to lose weight. All I have to show for it now is a steady 15 pounds gone, and little muscle tone. I have until July to make a difference since that will be my 1 year mark. I want this; I don’t know why I just can’t stick to it. What if I just throw on my kicks, and say “self, we are going to just walk today since you’re tired”. I wonder if that would push me to move more each day. I know every little bit helps; if I am on the treadmill for even just a little walk, it would make me not eat treats as often, and would probably make me want to pull my DVD’s out again. My speed walking this morning set my mood for the day and I worked out at lunch and had a shake. I’m on the right track today; let’s hope I keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment