Friday 20 January 2012

First Night Alone.. In a Long Time


           Last night was a bust. I thought that I would have gotten a bunch of things accomplished since I was home alone, instead I sat on Tumblr most of the night. It wasn’t a complete waste though, I mean I was looking up weight-loss blogs and looking for motivation. It did help me in me going to bed early-ish and setting my alarm for 5:30AM so I could workout in the early morn’. Did it work though? YES! I got up this morning, ran for 30 minutes, had a Body by Vi shake with some protein powder, and logged plank time. It feels so good to log planks.
Tonight I am going to start push-ups. I find them so hard to do! Cannot wait!

I remember when I first planned on starting planks and I could barely last a few seconds holding my body up, now I can do 30 seconds without a problem. Yes, the planks may be still on my knees but it is real progress. I started throwing full planks into the routine as well to help strengthen myself more, and I am hoping I can start holding them longer as well.

Not sure if you can tell, today is a day worth smiling about. I’m trying a new approach at life. Since I moved to Iqaluit, the life has been sucked out of me and I am so unhappy all of the time. I barely smile, and this coming from a girl who laughs at everything can make it hard to believe. I do catch myself now, I try and smile a little more, and I try to notice the little things. I want to be miss.Glass-half-full girl like I use to be. I miss her a lot, and others do too (Thomas).

No comments:

Post a Comment